Goal: To provide a program for individuals or families who wish to pay privately to have their home made more accessible for the health and safety of a person with physical disability.
Note: This is the Adapt-A-Home® program offered to people who are over-income for our grant program.
Click here to view our brochure: nuts and bolts brochure.pdf
- On-Site Assessment
- Write up of the scope of work
- Solicitation of competitive bids
- Project management
- Problem resolution during construction, if needed
- Payment to contractor held until Certificate of Completion signed
What is Available?
- Wheelchair ramps
- Grab bars
- Widened doorways
- Raised porcelain toilets
- Hand rails
- Roll-in or step-in showers
- Other accessibility modifications as needed
How do I Access this Service?
Call Unlimited Choices® at: (503) 234-6167.
Pay a $200 Assessment Fee (if we see project to completion, fee is applied to total project cost)
Make an appointment for a Housing Rehab Specialist to come to your home to develop a personal plan for your modifications.