Goal: To provide critical home repair to low-income homeowners.
Mend-A-Home is a program currently available within the cities of Beaverton, Gresham and Portland Oregon as well as unincorporated areas of Multnomah County to assist qualified property owners, including mobile home owners, who cannot afford to make critical home repairs. The program helps repair structural, plumbing, mechanical or electrical systems showing obvious signs of deterioration, roofing that's severely deteriorated, as well as exterior porches and stairs.
City of Beaverton, Oregon
The purpose of the program is to make grants to mobile homeowners within the City of Beaverton.
City of Gresham, Oregon
The purpose of the program is to make deferred payment loans to eligible property owners within the City of Gresham, or grants to mobile homeowners who live on rented property.
City of Portland, Oregon
The purpose of the program is to make grants to mobile homeowners within the City of Portland.
Multnomah County, Oregon
The purpose of the program is to make grants to eligible property owners or mobile homeowners in unincorporated Multnomah County (Troutdale, Fairview, Wood Village, Maywood Park, Corbett, etc.).
Our staff at Unlimited Choices® manages all project activities from the initial referral and intake process to completion of the project, communicating regularly with all concerned stakeholders.
What is an Critical Home Repair?
An critical home repair corrects a defect or dangerous condition that threatens the life and safety of the occupants, is causing major structural damage to the property, or, if left untreated, is likely to cause major structural damage to the property within a year.
Critical repairs that may qualify:
- Structural, plumbing, mechanical or electrical systems showing obvious signs of deterioration and requiring emergency repair.
- Roof, if leaking, missing shingles or severely deteriorated.
- Exterior porch, deck and/or stair repair.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be the owner-occupant of the home or mobile home on which the repair work is to be made.
- Your home must be located within the City of Beaverton, the City of Gresham, the City of Portland, or unincorporated Multnomah County.
- Your total household income must be at or below the HUD Median Income Guidelines for your area.
- Your total household income must fall at or below 50% of the HUD Area Median Income Guidelines.
- In addition to annual income, household assets must not exceed $20,000.
Assets means: savings accounts, time certificates, trust accounts, notes receivable, equity in stocks or bonds, real property or any capital investment.
Assets excludes: your principal residence, retirement accounts, personal vehicle and any other household item reasonably necessary for personal use.
For more information, please call Unlimited Choices® at (503) 234-6167.